(Updated as at 5th April 2021)
Definitions and Interpretations
- Cookies: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference and/or login information.
- Country: where the website and Services’ owners or founders are based. In this case is Malaysia.
- Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Services provided by Star Glory.
- Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit our website and use our Services.
- IP Address: Every device successfully connected to the internet is assigned a number known as an Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks, An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the internet and accessing to our Services.
- Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by us or are under contract to perform Services on behalf of one of the parties.
- Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information including but not limited to Identification number (“NRIC”), name, contact details, email address, mobile number, location tracking, CCTV footage, which allow for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Third-Parties Services Provider: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products and/or services, we think may interest you.
- Website: Star Glory Group, which can be accessed via this URL: www.starglorygroup.com
- Membership Application: Star Glory Duty Free, a mobile application provided by us to allow Customers to register and login to enjoy purchase relevant benefits, which can be downloaded via (google play store) URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cloone.star.glory&hl=en&gl=US and (Apple Apps Store) https://apps.apple.com/my/app/star-glory-duty-free/id1526630165
- You: a person or entity that is visit the website and/or use the Services.
Purposes of Collecting and Further Processing Your Personal Information
All information requested for in the relevant forms and/or Services is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we would be unable to process your request and/or provide you with relevant Services. Your personal information is collected and further processed by us as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, may including the following:
- to process your requested Services;
- to facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to our Services and/or events;
- to process any payments related to your requested Service;
- to operate our premises in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to conduct internal marketing analysis and analysis of customer patterns and choices;
- to comply with Star Glory’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
- to contact you regarding products, Services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we may feel interest you;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer and/or device.
- for our internal records management, customer relations events and activities, and customer loyalty reward program.
Do We Share the Information We Collected with Third-Parties Services Provider?
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal with Third-Parties Services Provider such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and other who provide our content or whose products and services we think may interest you. We may also share it without current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved in a merger, asset sale or other business reorganization, and we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest.
We may engage trusted Third-Parties Services Provider(s) to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and website, database storage and management, email management, storage marketing, credit card processing, customer-service activities, and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through the website and our physical stores. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these Third-Parties Services Provider(s) to enable them to perform these Services for us and for you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP address(es), for analytical purposes with Third-Parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, point-of-sales system providers, and ads network. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographic such as connection speed, whether you have visited the website in a shared location, and type of the device used to visit the website / engage the Services. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the website / Services, and the provide auditing, researches, and reporting for us and our advertisers.
We may also disclose your personal and non-personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our rights and interests or those of a Third-Parties, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules, and regulations.
Some web pages may require you to provide a limited amount of personal information in order to enjoy certain services on our websites (system login credentials, email address and contact, etc). This personal information will only be used for its intended purposes only, i.e. to respond to your message or deliver the requested services.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
How Do we Protect Your Information?
We will extend our best effort by implementing a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit or access your personal information thru our Services. We offer the use of secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access right to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. However, we cannot or ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to our website or Services that maybe not be accessed, altered, destroyed, stolen by a breach of any of any our physical technical, or managerial safeguard, or Third-Parties Services Providers.
Right to access and correct personal information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavor to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly. If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please refer to our data access/correction forms available on HERE and send us the completed form or query to the contact details in Item 6 below.
Limiting the processing of personal information, further enquiries and complaints
you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information;
you have any further query; or you would like to make a complaint in respect of your personal information,
you may contact:-
Star Glory Asia (M) Sdn. Bhd. (1182914-W)
Star Glory Group of Companies
No 2, Jalan Sg. Terap 32/182, Section 32,
40460 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Office No: +603 5131 2615 Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Star Glory Duty Free membership service
Telephone No: +603 5131 2615 (Operation Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm)
Email Address: email@example.com
For information of all other businesses, please submit your enquiry via Brand Marketing & Communications at https://www.starglorygroup.com/contact-us/